Dubuque Arboretum Mission
Strategic Planning for the Future
Strategic planning for the future of the Dubuque Arboretum & Botanical Gardens (DABG) is essential to keep the DABG moving forward. Arboretum leadership has identified seven (7) focus areas and visions that comprise the Dubuque Arboretum Mission:
- Tourism / Visitors | To be recognized as an asset to the community of Dubuque and the surrounding area.
- Sustainability | To create a systematic way of engaging and recognizing key donors on a year-round basis.
- Accessibility | To increase the opportunity for college students, the elderly, handicapped and downtown citizens to have access to the DABG.
- Horticulture | To establish, preserve and maintain an arboretum and botanical garden that is a source of information, education, culture and beauty for all to know.
- Education | To create partnerships and appropriate staff/interns to develop educational programs, plan events, educate community volunteers and give tours.
- Volunteerism | To inspire our community to become and remain volunteers.
- Image | To create and strengthen relationships with the Dubuque community to promote the DABG as an important landmark economically, a source of public benefit and improved quality of life.