Dubuque Arboretum Volunteering
The Arboretum’s growth is a direct result of the involvement and commitment of its talented and dedicated volunteers. And you’re invited to get involved. For starters, click on the Volunteer Application form to the left to download a printable copy.
Not sure where to begin? Check with the Dubuque Arboretum’s Volunteer Coordinator, Sue Lemon.
She can guide you by offering suggestions. Here are some specific options available right now:
- Crazy about Fleurs? Perennials/Peonies Caregiver (nurture, care and weeding)
- Adopt a Knot (or not)? Knot Garden Caregiver (requires the ability to drive a golf cart and shovel mulch)
- Clerical bent? Office Support Team Member (answering phone, accepting reservations and other administrative responsibilities)
- Love the Falls, the Fish and the Oriental Flair? Japanese Gardens Caregiver (nurture, care and weeding)
- Hosta Maniac? Hosta Gardens Caregiver (nurture, care and weeding)
- Hospitality your Gift? Golf Cart and Walking Tour Guide (learn by script)
Volunteers have always been the lifeblood of the Dubuque Arboretum & Botanical Gardens. More than 300 friends in our community volunteer to create and maintain the beauty that is the Dubuque Arboretum.
What all can you do?
Whatever your skill set, we’re confident we can identify one (or more) of your talents to HELP US GROW. Here are just a few examples of tasks that we need help with:
- office and clerical
- adopting of a garden
- computer and technical
- iron and woodworking
- architectural design
- event planning
- gift shop (retail)
Our main areas are divided by task, garden, and team:
- GREEN TEAM Garden and Tree Planning and Management
- BROWN TEAM Construction and Maintenance
- BLACK TEAM Electrical and Ironworking
[NEW PHOTO COMING]
- JAPANESE GARDEN TEAM
- MOW TEAM Mowing of Grassed Areas
There are also many individual projects that don’t fit into our neatly-defined team structure.
Interested in volunteering?
Download, print, and complete our VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM. Then mail it to us.
Questions? Please contact Sue Lemon: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for considering volunteering with the Dubuque Arboretum! It’s a great place to do some wonderful work as well as begin some fantastic friendships!
— Sandi Helgerson, Executive Director