About the Dubuque Arboretum
Established in 1980, the Dubuque Arboretum & Botanical Gardens in Marshall Park is a living museum developed by volunteers. Their work is a labor of love for all who visit The Gardens as well as a symbol of devotion for the growing things of the earth.
You’re invited to visit us soon!
ENTRANCE FEE: $0
There is no entrance fee to enjoy the Dubuque Arboretum grounds. (The Arboretum is a non-profit organization supported by memberships, gifts, memorials, and endorsements.)
The 56-acre grounds of the Dubuque Arboretum showcase a number of Special Attractions, including:
- Rose Garden | All-American Rose Selections, award-winning public display Rose Gardens + old garden roses, hybric, miniature and shrub roses
- English Garden | formal English Garden and Knot Garden.
- Japanese Garden
- Herb Garden
- Hosta Shade Garden | extensive hosta displays and gardens. 13,000 plants | 900 varieties
- Annual Gardens
- Prairie Wildflowers and Grasses
- Ornamental Tree and Shrub Collections
- Music in the Gardens | a celebration of a different art form — music — with the Arboretum as a beautiful backdrop
- Conifer Collections | nationally-recognized Bill Walter Dwarf Conifer and Hermsen Dward Conifer Collections
- Displays | Iris, Peony, Lily, Day Lily, Dahlia, Perennial, Cactus
- Water and Shade Gardens
- Woodland Wildflowers, Viburnum, Azalea and Lilacs
- The Lagen-Buelow Gazebo
- Packard Memorial Amphitheatre
- Heinemann Visitors Center, Gift Shop and Botanical Library
Other web pages on this site expand on a number of these special attractions.
Physical Grounds :: Dawn to Dusk :: 365 days a year
- April – September :: 9a to 8p | 7 days a week
- October :: 9a to 5p | 7 days a week
- November – March :: Closed
- April – October :: 9a to 5p | Monday – Friday
- November – March :: 10a to 3p | Tuesday – Thursday
- Holiday Closings :: Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving Day; Christmas Day through New Year’s Day.
- Conducted by Arboretum staff and volunteers throughout the regular season, tours are available 9a-4p Monday through Friday by reservation. To book your personal tour, please call 563.556.2100 in advance to make arrangements.
- Touring carts are available for visitors with limited walking ability. (To guarantee cart availability, please call 563.556.2100 in advance to make arrangements.)